All residents pay a monthly levy as a contribution towards the general operating expenses of Helderberg Village. These levies are calculated at the commencement of each financial year, based on budgeted expenditure, and are applied to the cottages and apartments according to their size.
Benefits covered by the monthly levy include:
- Provision for catering facilities
- Basic Health Care – maintaining a 70-bed Healthcare centre
- Insurance on all buildings and cottages
- Maintenance of exteriors
- Domestic services
- Weekly laundry service of sheets and towels
- Garden service
- Refuse & recycling collection
- Membership of Village Club
- Membership of communal and sporting facilities
- Water and electricity used in communal facilities
- Daily postal service
- Security aspects such as access control and 24-hour patrols
- Maintenance and provision of the minibus service
- Satellite DSTV system (N/A to Vredenburg)
Future levy expectations
- The levy is apportioned across the entire Village.
- The levy is also subsidised by a 25% plough back of the nett enhanced value on the resale of cottages, which contributes towards a Capital Contribution Levy Fund, coupled with a generous contribution from running the Sales Office internally.