Frequently Asked Questions
We are here to answer any questions you might have.
What makes Helderberg Village so sought after?
Helderberg Village is a fully developed, financially secure, sectional title security complex in the Winelands.
The Village offers a unique, independent living lifestyle, where the facilities are considered to be the most comprehensive of any retirement development in the country.
With state-of-the-art technology and the experience of knowing the environment inside and out, our security team have created the ultimate safe space for you to enjoy.
Healthcare Services range from Home-based Care options to Assisted Living and Frail Care facilities. With 24 hour nursing on site, you have the assurance of immediate assistance with the press of a panic button.
What is the minimum age for persons residing permanently in Helderberg Village?
A person needs to be at least 50 years of age to reside permanently in Helderberg Village.
Are pets allowed?
A maximum of two pets are allowed per home. Guidelines and more information on the application process for pets are available on request.
How safe is the village?
With strictly controlled access into Helderberg Village, 24 hour guarding, real-time monitored CCTV of the electrified perimeter fences and on-site armed / medical response teams, Helderberg Village’s security record is impeccable and highly spoke of. All homes are equipped with intruder alarms, panic remotes and smoke detectors connected to the on-site control room.
Where is Helderberg Village located?
Tucked up neatly against the slopes of the Helderberg Mountain with views of Table Mountain in the distance, Helderberg Village is a mere 30 minutes from Cape Town, on the doorstep of award-wining wine estates, 10 minutes from the most beautiful beaches, many shopping malls within a few minutes away and first class medical facilities nearby.
What is included in the levies?
Benefits covered by the monthly levy include:
• Maintenance of the exterior of your home;
• Building insurance;
• Emergency response;
• Domestic and laundry services;
• Garden services (Villagers are responsible for their own privately designed flower beds);
• Refuse and recycling collection;
• Postal services;
• Free Wi-Fi in the communal buildings;
• Hi-speed Fibre optic network connected to every home (you pay your service provider for data); and
• Use and maintenance of the communal buildings, grounds and services, i.e. clubhouse; security; sporting facilities; swimming pools and dams, etc.
Not included are:
• Meals (available at the clubhouse restaurant – enquire about monthly packages available for daily meals);
• Healthcare services;
• Internet connection and data (hi-speed fibre optic network connected to every home);
• Property rates and municipal services;